This is supposed to be a design day, but I think today's topic fits. The next design day will be the 25th.
We've had such a wonderful design team this year it's hard to believe it's nearly time to do another DT call! We get so many responses to our calls that I thought it would be helpful to tell you what we're looking for when we go through the hundreds of design submissions. Everything listed is important to us, but a few are REALLY important.
- We're looking for people who love our products! (and use them)
- Great design. ***this is a big one*** This is the first thing I look at with each submission. The layout design, as well as the photo of the layout/project.
- Unique perspective. I love the different approaches I get to see from the CP DT each month.
- Maintains a blog. ***this is a big one*** I visit sooo many blogs when I'm sorting through the submissions. I get a chance to sort of meet you. And this makes the decision even more difficult.
- Maintains a presence on the scrapbook forums.
- Easy going or at least easy to work with. ***this is big too*** I've been very lucky to have all of my DT have this quality. I don't have a lot of time and I appreciate how much they get done with minimal direction.
- Is the plate too full? ***the final biggie*** We've had some amazing designers submit who just seemed to have way too much going on. While I don't expect the CP designers to design exclusively for us, I generally pass on the designers who are on 8 DT. If you're on several DT and are interested in joining this one, let me know (when you do your submission) if you've been able to successfully manage a similar workload in the past.
This is just a pre-call. I've never heard of that before, but that's what I'll call it b/c I don't have the submission dates, etc yet. We'll be posting the "official call" in the next few weeks. I thought this would give any designers who've been waiting for the next call a chance to get ready. I don't want to discourage anyone from submitting of course, but I thought it would be helpful to know what's happening on our end.That's all I can think of for right now--I'm sure there's more, but that's probably enough. :)